Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Adoption Jargon

My cousin, Mendie, has requested some clarification on my last post. I am so used to speaking the adoption lingo with Tim and my friends that I forget that not everyone is hip to the jargon.

The CCAA is the China Center of Adoption Affairs.
Referral means when the CCAA matches your dossier with a child - this is what we are waiting for. Our dossier was logged in with the CCAA on March 7, 2006, so our LID (log in date) is 3/7/06. Right now, the CCAA has matched all dossier with LID of Oct 26, 2005 and before.
So, we have a long time to wait. Referrals usually come the first or second week of each month.
We can only hope that we get our referral this year and travel to China either this year or early in 2008.

On a side note, I am definitely going to keep busy with fun stuff while we wait. I just got done booking a girls trip to Vegas for June and Tim and I are going to LA for Memorial Day weekend to visit Marie. And of course, the second annual Gamboa family reunion at the Oregon Coast in July. Also Hood to Coast in Aug. Yikes! I have a lot going on in the next few months.

1 comment:

Jordan & Mendie Welu said...

Thanks, Resa. And so, the more referrals there are per month, the closer they get to you? So do you have a sense of how many parents are in front of you? And do you only have to wait for parents in Oregon to match with a child, or do you have to wait on a nationwide scale? In case you hadn't noticed, I ask a lot of questions.