Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Baby Showers

We leave for China on Thursday!!!

It is Tue night at 10:30, I have been packing, cleaning and setting up baby stuff at home for the last three days! I have another full day in front of me tomorrow. I am soooo ready to get on the plane to China. I do not think I will feel at ease until I have Mei in my arms. It has been such a long road to get here that I still cannot believe I will meet my baby girl in just 6 days!

My friends are great! My work friends gave me a shower on Friday (my last day of work until Sept!) and my girlfriends and family gave me a shower on Saturday. Thank you to everyone!!!

Last weekend (May 16th) Jenn, Tracey and Kristen joined me at the beach for a girls night out. These three ladies planned and hosted the shower along with my family and other friends. These ladies are also my work out buddies.
Look at all my gifts! This is obviously not the work shower since there is a bucket of beer on the deck.
Getting ready to open my gifts.
Shining Star bear from Grandma Gamboa.



Chinese Doll from Nana Tyvand


My friend Michelle made this for Mei along with two blankets!! Who knew that insurance people were so crafty.
My awesome work shower!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Resa,

Our thoughts are with you as you make your way to your daughter! If there is anything we can do, please let us know! I will be logging on to this often to read about your journey in China. Best wishes, Sandra

Unknown said...

you have some good lookin friends!