Friday, May 15, 2009

Spring time and baby

Spring is finally here, I hope to stay. It was a beautiful day today, even though I had to work. After work, I planted the herb starts Kathleen gave me and a Gerber Daisy my friend gave me. Tomorrow I am going to the beach for a girls night out!

Adoption News: We received our travel dates and booked our tickets. We should be over the moon but we are a little nervous about China pulling the plug before we leave. China is being very intense about the Swine Flu. So far, they have had 3 confirmed cases in mainland China and one in HK. Some provinces are not granting permission to enter and some are. Our province granted us permission to enter but that could change. Our agency told us to purchase our tickets but to be prepared for the worst case. It has been a long and hard journey to get our beautiful daughter but I know it will be worth it when we see her wonderful little face looking at us.
We are scheduled to leave Ptown on 5/28 and arrive in HK late on 5/29. We will spend one night in HK and one night with Jim & Rose. On May 31 we fly to Nanchang and on June 1st we meet our daughter. If everything goes according to plan, we will arrive back in Ptown on 6/10, just in time for my 40th b-day on 6/11. I cannot think of a better gift then to be home with my baby girl!

As you can see from the photo below, I did a little shopping today for the trip. I was a little overwhelmed! Next time I am taking Kathleen with me. How do I know what dippers to buy?
I plan to update the blog when we finally get to China so stay tuned.

Rosemary, thyme and parsley
Yikes! I hope I bought the right stuff. I still have a lot more to get. I think it was good to start slow.

2 comments:

The Noonans said...

You are so CUTE! What a great birthday gift!! But isn't your birthday June 12? Hee, hee, hee.

All the stuff you got will get used at some point for sure.

Lots of Love,
Auntie Tonia

Anonymous said...

Resa and Tim,
We are so excited for you and know all will work out as planned. Your lives will never be the same but it is so worth it. Congrats and love,
Joey and Greg