Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We are Hippie Chicks!!

Kathleen and I completed the Hippie Chick Half Marathon (13.1 miles) on Saturday 5/10/08. Kathleen did great, she completed it in 2 hrs 7 min., I on the other hand, did not do so well, it took me 2 hrs 24 min. Tim, Brock and the girls came out to cheer us on, I definitely needed their support! Kathleen and I plan on doing it again next year. I think I need to up my training for next years race!

In the bathroom line before the race
Kathleen and our cheerleaders
The Lowers checking out the kids shirts
Tim chatting it up with the ladies before the race
The cheerleaders hanging out
K and I at the starting line
The fast ladies at the start. The lady on the right in the white/pink shirt and black shorts won, winning time 1 hr 30 mins.
The rest of us at the start.
K and I at the 4 or 5 mile point. K pulled away from me around this time, never to be seen again.
K in a sprint to the finish line, K overtook the girl in the black.
Resa limping to the finish. The girls ran the last few yards with me, I do not think I would have made it on my own.
I included this photo because it makes me look like I am running fast! Kiley is running to my right.
The Hippie Chicks after the race. :)

No comments: